Sunday, July 26, 2015

Flood warning

Yup, it sure knows how to rain in these parts!
All the flood warnings on intellicast remind me of the good ol days back in snicarte,  IL.  When the water was always coming to get me and my stuff! 
While flooding is dangerous whenever and wherever it happens, I'm feeling a LOT less vulnerable while aboard a boat. 
Kitty never has liked getting wet, but she dislikes cold wet the most. 
So between the two of us, I feel we are doing something right to be cold flooding water free.
This is day 2.5 of the current weather measuring several inches of rain at a time.
Because of the saline conditions,  trapping rain helps to alleviate the whole packing water to the boat process.

During these ridiculously heavy downpours, I have to stand watch due to the leaking water though the roof and deck. This is a main priority fix for obvious reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment