Monday, June 1, 2015

Welcome to the log of M/V ROOK!

OK welcome to the log of M/V ROOK. 
M/V is short for motor vessel,  for those not familiar to the nautical side of things. 
M/V ROOK is a 1969, 34', Chris Craft, Aqua Home.


Acquiring Rook is the accidental result of interaction between FWC training and I at DAWGFISH.
In short , I received a ticket for Non-compliant MSD device.
The training officer said that "since your a live-aboard , then you're an a house boat and are bound by law to houseboat rules."
He then said ,"If you do not comply within 30 days, we will confiscate your vessel."

Signing the very thing that is going to cost me $70 as the officer says " you can pay online", I smiled , and wished them a good day.
As they pulled away I continued to clean my diving gear in a strange frame of mind.
First disbelief, ( did that just happen?), aye!
Then suspicion, ( was this even legal?)
Fear was next, ( when they return will it be something else?)
Finally galvanization, ( ok FINE! I got this. )

Towards the end of the month I started getting nervous again, unable to solve the non-compliance issue yet.
After pricing out what it takes to install a legal head, I was staggered. These things aren't cheap .
I happened across our Harbormaster Booba one day and conversation led to my problem
and coincidentally his problem , wich was selling his house boat.
This boat had a Head!!!
After a round or two of haggling throughout the day, we struck a deal!
Living on this boat returns DAWGFISH to daysailor status!
I had been looking for something anyway, to use as a shop.
2 birds , 1 stone!

Stay tuned for more exciting adventures from M/V ROOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment